Test your new shoes inside on the carpet for comfort and fit before you wear them outside. Size and styles of a shoe are personal preferences, so make sure you are happy with your selection before wearing them outside. We are only able to accept Returns/Exchanges of items with a manufacturing defect or those that are unworn and in a re-sellable condition. Returns of unworn, re-sellable items are accepted for a full refund within 90 days of purchase. All returns must be in their original packaging with their original tags and inserts, we cannot accept returns on items that are worn or that are dirty. Please include a copy of your original order confirmation, reason for your return, your mailing address, phone number, and email address with your return. For exchanges please contact the store to confirm availability of sizes before returning your shoes.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Smith’s Shoe Center reserves the right to refuse a refund or exchange if merchandise received is not in original, re-sellable condition, is not a manufacturing defect, or is beyond the ninety (90) day return period.
- Contact the store at (812) 323-SHOE (7463) for availability of desired exchange item(s).
- We will send you an email when your return has been received.
- If exchange item(s) is/are available, the exchange will be processed and shipped next business day after return is received. If returning for refund, *full refund will be issued to your credit card within 5 business days of the return receipt. (Please note that your banking institution may require additional days to process and post this transaction to your account once they have received the information from Smith’s Shoe Center)
- Be sure to ship your return or exchange through an insured and trackable carrier, as Smith’s Shoe Center cannot be responsible for lost or damaged return packages. *Original shipping charges are non-refundable. In the event of manufacturing defects, a call tag may be issued by contacting Smith’s Shoe Center prior to returning. Any return/exchange shipping charges are the responsibility of the buyer unless prior arrangements are made.
Returns and Exchanges should be addressed to:Smith's Shoe Center
1917 S. Walnut Street
Bloomington, IN 47401
(812) 323-SHOE (7463)
All orders placed Monday-Thursday before 3 PM (EST) will begin processing and ship within *24 hours, pending availability and credit card authorization. All orders placed Friday, Saturday or Sunday will begin processing, but will not ship until the following Monday.
* Holidays excluded. 24 hour time is dependent on next business day.
We offer FREE standard/ground shipping within the U.S. on all online orders over $30. Sorry we do not ship internationally at this time. We ship primarily via UPS, however in some instances we will utilize the USPS for final delivery (via UPS SurePost) or FedEx Home Delivery where applicable. UPS and FedEx cannot deliver packages to P.O. Boxes, so any purchases being directed to a P.O. Box for delivery will be shipped via UPS/USPS SurePost or FedEx/UPS SmartPost..
Orders less than $30 will be charged at the current UPS or FedEx Ground Residential shipping rates. Express shipping options are also available via UPS Next Day and UPS 3 Day Select and will be charged at the current shipping rates for each service.
Items shipped within Indiana are subject to Indiana's State Sales Tax.
We neither sell nor share your information with outside companies or third parties.
When you purchase from our online store, we collect your name, billing and shipping addresses, phone number, e-mail address, and credit card information. You provide this information so we can process and ship your order. We respect your privacy by not selling or sharing this information.
Your credit card is completely safe.
Protecting your information is our highest priority. We have developed several safeguards to keep your information completely confidential. To proceed to checkout, you must enter your e-mail address and create a password. The checkout process itself employs Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)* technology to ensure your safety.
*Secure Sockets Layer encrypts your order information and sends it to a secure server, making it impossible for that information to be decoded by a party outside of the store you shop with.
Furthermore, only our store will have your information; other members of the Modern Retail community will not have access to your information unless you decide to shop with them.
To check the security of your connection during checkout, look for the unbroken key or closed lock at the bottom of your browser window. This indicates SSL is active.